Registration for October/December’s EMDR Basic Training
October 22- 24, 2021 – Weekend 1
December 10-12, 2021 – Weekend 2
Friday: 10:00am-6:00pm Eastern Time
Saturday: 10:00am-6:00pm Eastern Time
Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm Eastern Time
Each attendee must attend five 2-hour group consultations in addition to the training sessions. The cost of consultation is included with the training. Group consultations are conducted by a video conference call via Zoom. An access link will be emailed to you along with instructions for first time users.
Required Group Consultation Sessions
Day of the Week: Wednesday or Friday
Wednesday dates: Weekend 1
Time: November 3, 2021 1:00pm3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: November 10, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: November17, 2021 1:00am-2:00pm Eastern Time
Friday dates: Weekend 1
Time: November 5, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: November 12, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: November 19, 2021 1:00am-2:00pm Eastern Time
Wednesday dates: Weekend 2
Time: January 5, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: January 12, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: January 19, 2021 1:00am-2:00pm Eastern Time
Friday dates: Weekend 2
Time: January 7, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: January 14, 2021 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
Time: January 21, 2021 1:00am-2:00pm Eastern Time
Attendance at the entire program is required for CE Credit. No partial credit will be awarded.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, Third Edition, by Francine Shapiro, PhD
Available for purchase from Barnes & Noble and other online retailers.
More about this training…
This is the complete EMDR Basic Training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA), formerly known as Level I and Level II, including an additional 10 hours on consultation. Participants will learn the EMDR psychotherapy approach, the basic eight-phase EMDR protocol, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and how to incorporate EMDR into your practice. This course will consist of didactic presentations, demonstrations, supervised practicum, and case consultations. Participants must attend the full training and five 2-hour consultation groups to receive a certificate of completion in EMDR Basic Training. If other dates or times are needed to make up for the consultation hours, attendees can either schedule separate consultation times with the trainer (or any EMDRIA approved consultant with prior approval of the trainer) at the attendee’s cost. Approval of partial programs will not be granted.
Training Cost: $1,300.00
- Two full weekends of EMDR Basic Therapy Training
- Five, two-hour group consultations
- Access to our online portal (through Kajabi) with downloadable resources, including AEI’s EMDR Manual
- Payment plans available
Upon completion of weekend one, participants will be able to:
- List 3 components of the EMDR Therapy Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients.
- Identify the 8 phases of EMDR therapy.
- Describe how to implement the 8 phases of EMDR therapy with clients.
- List 3 aspects of the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning.
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases.
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy.
Upon completion of weekend two, participants will be able to:
- List 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve identified problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy.
- Describe the protocol for closing down an incomplete EMDR session.
- Identify 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients.
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment.
- List 5 strategies for dealing with highly emotional client responses.
- Identify 3 clear strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms.
NBCC: Advanced Education Institute (AEI) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6657. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AEI is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. This program qualifies for 42 credits hours.
Professionals can obtain their Continuing Education Credits by clicking on the web link. www.aei4you.org
APA: Advanced Education Institute (AEI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. AEI maintains responsibility for this program and its content. 42 hours of CE credit are available for attendees who are present for the entire program.
Space is limited. Registrants cancelling up to 72 hours before the training will receive a tuition refund less a $75.00 administrative fee. No refund for less than 72 hours cancellation. A $25.00 service charge applies to each returned check. All in person trainings by Diane DesPlantes LCSW, are held in facilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special accommodations are required, please notify Diane DesPlantes, LCSW 72 hours in advance.
Effective 12/31/07, EMDR training will no longer be split into Level I and Level II. There will only be the Complete Basic Training (Level I and II combined with 10 hours of consultation included).
If you need more information, please do not hesitate to call: 908-561-7316.
No commercial support and/or conflict of interest exists for this training.
Certificates are awarded online after the workshop. Participants will receive a digital copy of their certificate registering at aei4you.org and completing an evaluation form. The receipt of the certificate can take up to two business days.